What is Seedlip?
Seedlip is the world’s first distilled non-alcoholic spirit, solving the ever-growing dilemma of ‘what to drink when you’re not drinking ®’.
It is based on the distilled non-alcoholic remedies from The Art of Distillation written in 1651, and now repurposed to pioneer a new category of drinks.
Seedlip is sugar-free, sweetener-free and contains zero calories.
How is Seedlip made?
We carefully source and select herbs, spices, peels and barks, working closely with growers and fellow farmers including our own farm to find the very best ingredients that our master distiller can work with.
Seedlip takes six weeks to make & involves bespoke maceration, copper pot distillation, blending & filtration for each individual ingredient. It is then blended & bottled in England.
We are transparent about our ingredients, but as we are the first people to make distilled non-alcoholic spirits, we can’t share all the details of our methods!
Is Seedlip a gin?
Seedlip is not a non-alcoholic gin as it does not contain any Juniper (the ingredient legally required to call a product a gin) or other traditional gin botanicals.
We have chosen a unique & complex set of plants for a different flavour profile rather than trying to mimic alcohol.
We are very careful to describe Seedlip as a distilled non-alcoholic spirit.
What does Seedlip taste like?
There are currently three different flavour profiles of Seedlip. We suggest Seedlip is always mixed (with tonic, soda, ginger ale or as the base in cocktails) rather than sipped neat.
- Garden 108 - A herbal blend of hand-picked Peas & traditional garden herb distillates. Seedlip Garden 108 captures the essence of the English countryside with sophisticated top notes of the hand-picked Peas & Hay from the founder’s family farm with a complex herbal base character of spearmint, Rosemary & Thyme.
- Spice 94 - An aromatic & complex blend of All Spice, bark & citrus distillates. Seedlip Spice 94 is aromatic with warm spice notes (All Spice Berries & Cardamom) & citrus (Lemon & Grapefruit peel) top notes & a long bitter finish from the highest quality barks (Oak & Cascarilla)
- Grove 42 - A zesty and warm blend of Orange, Lemongrass & Ginger. Seedlip Grove 42 is a complex, citrus forward blend of Lemon & three types of Orange (Bitter Orange, Mandarin & Blood Orange) & uplifting spice distillates (Ginger & Lemongrass)
How do you drink Seedlip?
All Seedlip spirits are best served with tonic/soda or as the base for non-alcoholic cocktails.
Alcohol carries flavour very well, as does sugar – Seedlip contains neither, but when mixed with tonic or within cocktails our spirits really shine & open up the complexity & strength of our plant distillates.
We always recommended Seedlip is served as a double shot over lots of ice, partnered with a mixer, and never drank neat.
To garnish, we suggest using a Sugar Snap Pea for Garden 108 (we like to gently snap it so it releases all those lovely green notes); an Orange twist for Grove 42; and a Grapefruit peel for Spice 94 - it makes all the difference!
Our recommended serves are:
Seedlip Garden 108: 50ml
With Fever-Tree Indian tonic / Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic: 125ml
Garnish: A snapped Pea pod
Seedlip Grove 42: 50ml
With Indian tonic / Fever-Tree Soda: 125ml
Garnish: Orange twist
Seedlip Spice 94: 50ml
Fever-Tree Indian tonic / Fever-Tree Ginger Ale: 125ml
Garnish: Grapefruit peel
Does Seedlip contain any alcohol?
Seedlip is certified alcohol free and in the same way bread, vinegar & Orange juice all contain trace amounts of alcohol so does Seedlip. For those in recovery from alcoholism it is entirely the individual’s personal choice, there are those who choose to drink Seedlip & those who don’t.
What are Seedlip’s ingredients?
All Seedlip products are sugar-, sweetener- and calorie-free
Garden 108: Water, Natural Botanical Distillates and Extracts (15%), Preservative: Potassium Sorbate, Acid: Citric acid.
Botanicals: Peas, Hay, Spearmint, Rosemary, Thyme, Hops
Spice 94: Water, Natural Botanical Distillates and Extracts (15%), Preservative: Potassium Sorbate, Acid: Citric acid.
Botanicals: All Spice, Cardamom, American Oak, Cascarilla Bark, Lemon, Grapefruit
Grove 42: Water, Natural Botanical Distillates and Extracts (15%), Preservative: Potassium Sorbate, Acid: Citric acid.
Botanicals: Bitter Orange, Mandarin, Blood Orange, Ginger, Lemongrass, Lemon
Does Seedlip contain any allergens?
All products are free of the below allergens:
- Cereals containing gluten
- Wheat, Rye, Barley, Oats, Spelt, Kamut or their derivatives
- Crustaceans and their derivatives
- Egg & egg derivatives
- Fish and fish products
- Peanut and peanut derivatives
- Soybeans & soybean derivatives
- Milk & milk derivatives (including lactose)
- Nuts & nut derivatives
- Almond, Hazelnut, Walnut, Cashew, Pecan nut, Brazil nut, Pistachio nut, Macadamia nut and Queensland nut
- Celery and celery derivatives
- Mustard and mustard derivatives
- Molluscs and their derivatives
- Lupin and their derivatives
- Sesame seed and derivatives
- Sulphur dioxide / sulphites (at levels above 10 ppm)
Which diets is Seedlip suitable for?
Seedlip is suitable (but not yet certified) for people adhering to the following diets:
Coeliacs / Gluten-Free
Can I drink Seedlip when I am pregnant or driving?
Yes! Seedlip is an alcohol-free alternative for those not able to drink alcohol.
If you have any concerns, please view our ingredient list above and contact a medical professional prior to consumption.
Is Seedlip suitable with medication?
We are unable to advise if Seedlip is safe for consumption with specific medications.
We always recommend consulting a medical professional prior to consumption if you have any concerns.
How long can I keep Seedlip for?
Seedlip Spice 94, Grove 42 & Seedlip Garden 108 do not require a best before/sell by date - they are stable liquids which do not deteriorate over time.
Seedlip has no best before date when unopened.
Once opened, we recommend using within 6 months, although Seedlip has been known to be open for longer and the quality has not been affected.
Seedlip does not need to be refrigerated, just store in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
Why is Seedlip priced at $36?
Seedlip’s price is based on three things:
- The cost of sourcing the highest quality ingredients from our farmers around the world.
- The time, effort, equipment & expertize it takes to make a bottle of Seedlip.
- The use, licenses & associated tax & legal requirements of using neutral grain spirit within the initial distillation process.
Where can I buy Seedlip?
Seedlip is available with select stockists across Canada. View here.
If you would like to find a store near you, send your location to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll suggest your nearest stockist.
If you can’t find us in your local store then please let them know & drop us an email too, we’ll see what we can do! We love our seed sowers!
How do I become a stockist?
Drop us an email at email@example.com with some information on your business and we will connect you with the right member of our team.